Books are a wonderful source of inspiration.
The following list includes books to support the material that is found in the Mindfulness Course
Do let me know of any other ones that you particularly enjoy so that I can add them to the list.
Books to support you in your meditation practice.
- Miracle of Mindfulness – Thich Nhat Hanh
978 – 1-84-604106-8
A gem of a book explaining how to acquire the skills of mindfulness and once we have these skills we can slow our life down and live in the moment.
- Wherever you go there you are – Jon Kabbat-Zinn 1-56282-769-3
In this book Jon Kabbat-Zinn provides access to the essence of meditation and its application for both the beginner and those who wish to deepen and expand their practice.
- Full Catastrophe Living – Jon Kabat-Zinn 978-0-7499-1585-8
This book has established itself as an excellent beginner’s guide to the practice of meditation. It is an ideal book to read after you have attended an MBSR course.
- The Mindful Way Through Depression – Williams, Teasedale, Segal and Jon Kabbat-Zinn 978-1-59385-128-6
Whether you struggle with depression or simply want to understand your mind and emotions better, you will find this book accessible and useful.
- Mindfulness In Plain English – Bhante Henepola Gunaratana 0-86171-321-4
A wonderfully clear and simple introduction to mindfulness meditation
- Mindful Moments for Stressful Days – Tzivia Gover 1-904292-34-8
A book of simple suggestions for approaching common everyday events with mindfulness.
- Mindful Eating – Jan Chozen Bays 978-1-59030-531-7
The art of mindfulness can transform our struggles with food – and renew our sense of pleasure, appreciation, and satisfaction with eating.